|Standard Rate||Parish Residents|
|One off rate (3 hour minimum hire for parties)||£15/hr||£10/hour|
|A discounted rate is available for regular weekday classes that are advertised and open to all. (Each month must be booked and paid for in advance)||£8/hr|
£10/hr at weekends
£10/hr at weekends
|Weekend Weddings, large social events - see below for details||£900.00||£600.00|
|Corporate and commercial events i.e. conferences||Half Day (i.e. 4 hours) £120
Full day (i.e. 8 hours) £200
Weekend – Wedding/large social events package
The weekend Hall hire commences noon on Friday, includes all day Saturday and requires vacation at noon on Sunday. It also allows you to erect a marquee on the grounds if required (marquee not provided). Note – any weekend booking extending over 24 hours will be charged at the weekend rate. A deposit of £250 is required for all weekend bookings with the balance to be paid not later than six weeks before the booking day. In the event of cancellation the deposit is non-refundable unless the Hall is rebooked. Whilst the bookings Secretary will make all reasonable attempts to re-book the Hall the trustees are under no obligation to re-hire.
- The Hall is available to hire from 8.00 am -11.00pm Monday through Saturday and 8.00 a.m. -10.00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Persons wishing to hire the hall on a Friday or Saturday until 11pm will need to book at least two hours the following morning to ensure the hall is properly cleaned and left in a tidy state as required by the booking conditions.
- All rental payments, equipment hire fees and a deposit in lieu of damage or breakages are required to be paid not less than seven days in advance of the event, unless special arrangements are made at the time of booking.
- Beechwood Hall is not licensed for the sale of alcohol. Anyone wishing to sell alcohol in the Hall must obtain a licence from Lewes District Council.
- Please note that hire charges must be paid, with a completed booking form, at the time of booking.
- A cheque for £100.00 will be required as security against any damage. This will be held until after the hire date and destroyed provided terms and conditions are met.
- It is important that all hirers read carefully the Conditions of Hire, available on this website, on the Hall Notice board or from the hall manager.
- The Hall is licensed to hold no more than 100 persons. There is seating for 80 persons.
- The Hall and gate to the grounds should be closed at 11.00 p.m. (10.00 p.m., on Sunday)
- Parish Residents means those hirers who are ordinarily resident in the Parish of Hamsey and for whose benefit the booking is made.
- Parking should be within the car park and not on the narrow lane.
- Check the Key Holder rota on the website for details of where to collect and return keys to the Hall.
- Please note that Beechwood Hall is located in a public park, open to the public at all times.